To better understand how we eat, look at What do we eat? For the basics, we are a grain free, dairy free, egg free, Kosher family.
For this week (and the next several), it is just myself and the PaleoKidz as PaleoDad has already left for Atlanta.
Breakfast depends on our moods. Either the kids choose or I make a decision based on what we have and what I feel like making. Because we can't eat eggs, these may not be "perfectly Paleo," but it works for us, for now.
Lunches tend to be leftovers from the night before, if I'm lucky enough to have any or some kind of salad.
** are recipes that are new to us. We will let you know what we thought of them next week.
This week's menu is:
(I will also be trying to work more meat (beef bacon) into the kids' breakfasts, as they are constantly looking for snacks. I'm hoping that the increased protein and fat will help with this.)
- Paleo Porridge from Practical Paleo, the PaleoKidz particularly like the Pumpkin Porridge.
- Waffles from Eat Like a Dinosaur (made these Sunday and froze the leftovers) - 2 mornings
- the PaleoKidz like these made into sandwiches with Apple Butter
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scones from Caveman Feast
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Cereal (no chocolate) **
- Sweet Potato and Apple Breakfast Patties (made with ground turkey) **
- Leftover Turkey Meatloaf and Chicken Thighs for me
- Waldorf Tuna or Salmon Salad
- using Almond Mayo (I use regular, peeled almonds) wrapped in Romaine leaves
- Apple Almond Butter Sandwiches
- Bugs on a Log
- Chicken Salad
- Honey Mustard Crockpot Chicken from Caveman Feast
- Roasted Broccolini
- Spaghetti Squash with Spinach Pesto and Turkey Meatballs
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Sunshine Sauce and lettuce
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Balsamic Eggplant
- Fish, wild caught - Depends on what looks good
- Roasted Carrots
- Sautéed Green Kale
- Tangerine Chicken
- Cauliflower Rice
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Another veggie
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup (w/ Dumplings?)
- Freeze dried fruit
- Fruit and Nut Bars
- Homemade Lara bars
- Fruit w/ Almond Butter
- Leftover Veggies
- Eggplant Chips **
- Anytime Cookies from Eat Like a Dinosaur
Check out my Pinterest Board for this week's recipes.
This Menu Plan will be linked up at OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.