Sunday, October 28, 2012

Menu Plan #1



This is the first menu plan I am posting to this blog.  And the first Paleo meal plan I am typing up.  To better understand how we eat, look at What do we eat?  For the basics, we are a grain free, dairy free, egg free, Kosher family.

For this week (and the next several), it is just myself and the CaveKidz as CaveDad has already left for Atlanta.

This week we will be getting a share from our organic buying club.  This means we are getting a great share of fruits and veggies.  This week's share will include Cameo and Honeycrisp apples, Bosc pears, grapes (a favorite with the PaleoKidz), bananas, tangerines, lemons, eggplant, asparagus, garlic, carrots, broccollete, broccoli, kale, Romaine lettuce, baby heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers.

Breakfast depends on our moods.  Either the kids choose or I make a decision based on what we have and what I feel like making.  Because we can't eat eggs, these may not be "perfectly Paleo," but it works for us, for now.

Lunches tend to be leftovers from the night before, if I'm lucky enough to have any or some kind of salad.

** are recipes that are new to us.  We will let you know what we thought of them next week.

This week's menu is:

Breakfast possibilities:

  • Paleo Porridge from Practical Paleo, the PaleoKidz particularly like the Pumpkin Porridge.  
  • Waffles from Eat Like a Dinosaur (made these Sunday and froze the leftovers) - 2 mornings
    • the PaleoKidz like these made into sandwiches with Apple Butter
  • Pumpkin Cranberry Scones from Caveman Feast
  • Beef Bacon, Sweet Potato Hash (will post recipe after I get it perfected)
  • Breakfast cookies  **
  • Sweet Potato and Apple Breakfast Patties (made with ground turkey) **



Lunch

  • Waldorf Tuna or Salmon Salad 
    • using Almond Mayo (I use regular, peeled almonds) wrapped in Romaine leaves
  • Apple Almond Butter Sandwiches
  • Bugs on a Log
  • Broccoli and Bacon Salad **
  • Leftovers
Dinner

  • Sunday: 
    • Chicken and Kelp Noodle Stir Fry (I'm hoping to post the recipe variation I made this week)
  • Monday: 
    • Gold Rush Nuggets from Eat Like a Dinosaur
    • Sweet Potato Fries
    • Broccoli
  • Tuesday: 
  • Wednesday (Halloween!): 
    • Crockpot Beef Stew
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
    • Turkey Legs based on Sage Roasted Turkey Legs from Practical Paleo from **
    • Cucumber Salad
  • Saturday:
    • Spaghetti Squash with pesto and lamb meatballs
Snacks:

  • Freeze dried fruit
  • Fruit and Nut Bars
  • Homemade Lara bars
  • Fruit w/ Almond Butter
  • Fruit
  • Leftover Veggies
Check out my Pinterest Board for this week's recipes.

This Menu Plan will be linked up at OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

Next Sunday is my birthday, and I'm trying to decide what I want to make.  Yes, I actually like making my dinner on my birthday, but this is especially true when PaleoDad is away.  In the past, I have made cheese fondue.  Quite yummy, but obviously not Paleo and even the thought of it has my stomach doing flips.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment